Lymphology, in its broadest medical-scientific sense, represents more than ever before a broad medical discipline, rapidly expanding and of fundamental importance in the daily clinical practice of any health professional.
Lymph, Lymphedema, Lymphatic, Lymph node, Lymphocyte are terms in everyday use in Medicine, but too often the true function of this delicate circulation that contributes inescapably to the homeostasis of the human body and is a supporting pillar of our immune system remains neglected.
Lack of knowledge of the role of lymphatic circulation in the pathophysiology of edema is often the cause of misdiagnosis and disregarded therapeutic targets in the treatment of surgical and other patients.
Dr. Alberto Macciò, Lecturer in several University Masters in the fields of Lymphology and Phlebology:
- Undergraduate Master’s Degree in Practical Lymphology II Edition a.y. 2021/2022
- Master’s Degree in Aesthetic Medicine (MAME) Edition a.y. 2021/2022
- University Master’s degree in “Clinical Surgical Lymphology” 2nd edition a.y.: 2021/2022
- University Master’s degree in “Clinical Surgical Lymphology” I edition a.a.2020/2021
- IX Master IAWC – Italian Academy wound care a.a. 2019/2020